ST. LOUIS (Jan. 10, 2023) — Aspiring nursing leaders looking to speed up the process on their road to success now will find a quicker route to their aspirations. Maryville University now offers a full-time option to its Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program. Students can register to begin classes for the upcoming 2023 spring term.
As one of the nation’s fastest-growing private universities addressing the increasing demand for nurse practitioners, Maryville University continues to build its nursing program, now adding a full-time, online MSN option. Rated as a top nursing school, Maryville University offers online programs providing students flexibility, convenience and easy access, empowering them to map out and tailor their career paths and goals.
“Maryville University is committed to offer MSN Nurse Practitioner students flexibility and personalized learning pathways, which includes the option to pursue graduate nursing education at a full-time or part-time pace throughout their program of study,” said Assistant Dean for Nursing Dr. Karla Larson. “For the student who is interested in setting aside time for this accelerated full-time pathway, the benefits include the ability to complete their degree in as little as 20 months. Maryville University is one of only a few MSN NP programs to offer this student-centered, flexible option, which allows full-time and part-time progression plans that can be personalized every semester.”
Nurse practitioner is ranked No. 1 in the U.S. News & World Report Best Health Care Jobs of 2022 and second on the 100 Best Jobs of 2022 list. Maryville University nursing students can gain a new leadership perspective focused on compassion, preventive care, and evidence-based decision-making, as well as advance their career and salary potential at a time when the nurse practitioner profession is one of the fastest-growing careers in the U.S.
The Maryville University online full-time nursing program is designed to help students:
- Accelerate completion of their degree: The new full-time option allows students to complete the program in approximately 20 months versus 28-32 months offered by the part-time program
- Tailor their education to their nursing goals: Maryville University offers five in-demand nursing specializations designed for experienced nurses who want to transform the healthcare system
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Pediatric Practitioner (PNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Take part in a CCNE-accredited program*: The online MSN program adheres to standards set by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Experience flexibility with 100% online access; no campus visits needed: Students have convenient access to all coursework and class resources
- Easily and quickly enroll: Applying online takes approximately 15 minutes
- Enroll with no waiting list: Once accepted, students can begin their MSN studies at the next program starting point
- Complete clinicals at a preferred location in a preferred local area
- No application fee, GMAT, GRE or entrance exam is required
- Transcript services: Maryville University can request official transcripts from previously attended institutions on behalf of students at no additional cost**, helping to accelerate the admission process and ensure credit for the work already completed is received.
Upcoming MSN deadlines and start dates:
- Spring 2023
- Application deadline: 3/6/23
- Class start date: 3/13/23
- Summer 2023
- First term
- Application deadline: 5/1/2023
- Class start date: 5/8/2023
- Second term
- Application deadline: 6/26/2023
- Class start date: 7/3/2023
- First term
- Fall 2023
- First term
- Application deadline: 8/21/2023
- Class start date: 8/28/2023
- Second term
- Application deadline: 10/16/2023
- Class start date: 10/23/2023
- First term
The Maryville University MSN program meets the requirements for students to take the national boards for certification as Advanced Practice Nurses within their chosen specialty area of practice or study. To apply or learn more about Maryville University’s full-time and part-time nursing programs, visit this link.
*The Master of Science in Nursing program at Maryville University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
**Students may opt out of this service by selecting “Do not authorize” when prompted during the application process. In some cases, institutions may not allow another institution to request transcripts on behalf of the student. In those cases, the student will need to acquire and pay for their transcripts.
About Maryville University
Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of 10,500 students. Maryville offers over 90 degrees at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels, as well as several certificates that align with the undergraduate and graduate education levels. Maryville is recognized as the second fastest-growing private university in the United States by The Chronicle of Higher Education, serving students from all 50 states and 56 countries. More than 17,000 Maryville alumni work and live in the St. Louis region. For more information, visit this link.